Sunday, September 1, 2013
Anubis weighing the heart of Hunefer. ca. 1285 BCE
From the Ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead. The Ani Scroll, Spell 17.
Video about the BOOK of the DEAD
Hail, O ye who gives cakes and ale to perfect souls in the House of Osiris, give ye cakes and ale twice each day to the soul of the Osiris Ani, whose word is true before the gods, the Lords of Abydos, and whose word is true, with you. Hail, O ye who open up the way, who act as guides to the roads [to other worlds] to perfect souls in the House of Osiris ..."
-- 1240 BCE , The Papyrus of Ani, The Egyptian Book of the Dead.
Link to English translation of the BOOK of the DEAD
|Indian artists Kandha Panday, right, and Shiva Sharma dressed as Hindu god Rama and his brother Lakshman have paint applied to their faces ahead of a religious procession during the Dussehra festival in Allahabad, India. (AP)|
.a. why are there so many different Gods ?
b. More Basics of Hinduism
2.AUDIO and Visual: CLICK HERE for a quick but intriguing look at a SHIVA MASK at the Philadelphia Museum of Art
3. Click here for Video showing a FESTIVAL dedicated to SHIVA
4. More Hindu Art
5. HINDUISM BASICS.....AUDIO:
Questions for the AUDIO:
Hinduism Audio : Questions
1. True or False Hinduism believes in rebirth or reincarnation
2. True or False Moksha means spiritual liberation
3. True or False Hindus usually disregard other religions and are intolerant
4. True or False Hinduism has strict rules or orthodoxy
5. True or False There is no one founder of Hinduism
6. True or False Yoga is a Hindu practice
7. True or False Moksha is spiritual liberation and ends reincarnation
8. True or False Vedas and Upanashads and Bhagavad Gita are Hindu texts
9. True or False War was never spoken of in ancient Hinduism
10. True or False Warriors could never be good Hindus
11. True or False The Caste System was rooted in Hinduism
12. True or False The Caste System was banned by the British
13. True or False Hinduism is polytheistic
14. True or False Brahma was the created
15. True or False Vishnu is the preserver
16. True or False Siva is the destroyer
17. True or False There are NO female Gods
18. True or False Hindus use rituals in their worship
19. True or False “church” is held only 1x a month for Hindus
20. True or False there is a hugging saint in Hinduism
21. True or False The person interviewed sees Hinduism as friendly towards Muslims and other religions.