Sunday, May 26, 2013

Who is Salman Rushdie?


Some of  my students with Sir Salman Rushdie.





I teach history at the high school level full time and part time at the local  college and university. A few years ago, Salman Rushdie visited East Carolina University and gave a lecture. I urged my students to attend and offered extra credit, but many of my students had never heard of Sir Rushdie.


Salman Rushdie has written many books, but he is best known for his book "SATANIC VERSES." 




Mr. Hill with Sir Rushdie ! ! ! 
For this book, Satanic Verses, where he supposedly insults the founder of Islam--Muhammad--Islamic religious leaders issued a FATWA, or religious edict, calling for RUSHDIE's death. 

Below, I am attaching some video links of interviews with Rushdie for you to learn about Sir Salman Rushdie: 








No comments:

Post a Comment